Northvet Veterinary Group Ltd provide veterinary goods and services to our clients in Orkney and are a company registered in Scotland. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect will be processed by us. Please read it carefully to understand your rights regarding your personal data. By reading this you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The data controller is Northvet Veterinary Group Ltd , 33 Junction Road, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1AG. Our lead on Data Protection is our Practice Manager.
On what lawful basis can we process your data?
You are a client with Northvet Veterinary Group Ltd and have your animals registered with us. This being the case, there is an implied contract for us to provide emergency and preventative veterinary services to you. To fulfill this contract we need to hold and use your personal information. There is also a legal basis as we have an obligation to record the prescription and dispensing of pharmaceutical products against an animal and its owner on our Practice Management System. There is also the basis of legitimate interest where we may contact you with newsletters etc to keep you informed of our services. There is also the basis of performance of a public task in the public interest where the APHA could ask us to do work relating to welfare or notifiable disease outbreaks.
Lastly there is the basis of vital interests eg if we had to call an ambulance on your behalf.
What information do we collect from you?
Information you give us:
This is any information you give us via forms (filled out at any of our surgeries in Kirkwall, Stromness or Harray), or by phone, e-mail, or other correspondence. This information may include personal details, including name, address(es), phone number(s), email address(es), animal(s) detail, financial information and bank account information.
Why do we collect this information?
- To register you and your animals on our Practice Management System
- For internal record keeping and clinical governance
- To communicate with you in connection with your animals health
- To record your animal(s) health and treatment history and apply relevant fees to you account, together with veterinary prescriptions, diets, consumables and other goods purchased
- To communicate with you for administrative purposes
- To provide you with service communications that enable us to perform our obligations to you (these may be sent by email, post, telephone, or SMS.
- To provide you with marketing communications, including information about goods and services you already receive, and additional goods and services we offer.
- To deal with legal queries and comply with legal obligations.
Who might we share your information with?
You agree that for the purposes set out above, we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services including: business partners, and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. Third parties may include laboratories, microchip databases, and insurance companies. If you would like any more specific information please contact us.
How long do we hold your information?
We will keep information for a maximum of 7 years after the end of our relationship with you unless we require the data in relation to a claim, for legal reasons or are required to remove data from our records.
How is your data stored and kept secure?
We are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. All electronic information kept by us is on secure servers. All archived paperwork is secure with limited access. We may transfer your data outside the European Economic Area eg animal transport /export and will only do this on your specific instruction.